How to Change NRI Status in Inoperative PAN

Income Tax department has made PAN of tax payers as inoperative if they are not linked to Aadhaar. NRIs (Non Residents) are exempt from PAN and Aadhaar linkage, however they need to change their NRI Status in PAN. NRIs could be rightfully frustrated and are struggling to get make their PAN operative again. We have recorded a detailed video on how NRIs address the following :

  1. Login to Income tax website.
  2. Verify the status of their PAN, if it is operative or inoperative
  3. Tag the PAN as Non Resident
  4. Inform the tax office of the resident status.

Please click the video and go through the details.

Template of the email which could be sent to the Juridiction Assessing Officer is below

If you have any queries, please ask us on the Youtube channel and we will respond to them at the earliest. Also, do consider liking, sharing and subscribing to our channel.

Related Posts:

  • No Related Posts

2 Replies to “How to Change NRI Status in Inoperative PAN”

  1. Mohanjit S Sidhu says:

    Thanks so much sir. You have saved me so much frustration and time. I particularly like your style of explaing process slowly and clearly. It was so easy to follow.

  2. Inoperative Pan -under verify Pan i have completed boxes with name PAN NUMBER, DATE OF BIRTH AND when I complete mobile number i click on the flag and click on U.k which has populated +44. The flag changes to UK flag but +44 is not displayed so I try to put +44 before my telephone number error comes -not a valid number,removed the country code left the mobile number accepts that but no OTP is received. Please help

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.